Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Bigfoot Hunters and Ghost Adventures...what the hell?

Being a stay-at-home mom has lots of advantages.  The pay is not one of them.  I get an allowance that I use for gas, groceries, and a few extras.  When I made an actual paycheck, I didn't think twice about getting pedicures in the summer and acrylic nails all year long.  I had the hair dresser color those gray hairs of mine.  If I asked my husband for money for nails, he would say, "Of course, sweetheart."  I just don't feel right doing it.  So, I color my own hair at home and ignore my bitten fingernails. 

I think a lot of stay-at-homers like myself think, "Is there something I could do from home that could make me some extra money?"  I am not talking about posting a prostitution ad through Craig's List (they always get caught, anyway).  I don't want to have an in-home daycare (I don't like my own kids some days).  Growing marijuana is illegal, and I have much nicer teeth than the people who make and sell moonshine.  So, maybe a part-time job outside the house?  I start flipping channels on the television and see what kind of things are out there.  Then I realize that people are getting paid good money for some of the stupidest things.  There are shows that pay people to run around in a forest wearing night vision goggles while making grunting noises to see if a Sasquatch is near by.  How about the guy with his weird, douche bag hair-do and his camera crew who go into haunted buildings.  How bizarre that all the ghostly action takes place off-camera (and they can get the words, "I was killed," out of a recording that sounds like, "iee ksilkg ermm.").  There is more than one show where people eat weird food from around the world like buffalo spleens, bugs, and testicles from every animal that has ever had testicles.  Or, the shows that see if it is physically possible to eat eighteen pounds of pancakes in four minutes. 

I'm not really in to eating testicles, so maybe I'll see if Starbucks is hiring.

1 comment: